robert.

Re: "...What a long, strange trip it's been..."

Postby robert. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:32 pm

seagulls.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:52 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Thank you, Rufus, for that most excellent and detailed advice and expertise chronicled above. Truly. Thank you.

You're welcome

I have been proceeding carefully and have discovered many foods that are no-no's, like potato chips, which inflict a powerful discomfort. And fruit, like the gorgeous dark red cherries and nectarines we have been munching for weeks, now, to be comfortable but very consistently insistent on a visit to the bathroom in just short of an hour after consumption.

You might find the potato chip issue to vary depending on brand and style of how it made; based upon your experience with cherries and I my own - Beware the Newman's Own Cherry juice!!!!!! That stuff will open the sluices!

I allow myself beef approx. once per month, max; the rest of the time, it's turkey or chicken, as my main protein intake. Had a single meatball for supper today and am paying for it right on schedule; the last beef I had before that was beef Bolognese, which I love but pay for soon afterwards, too. :?

Again, the type of beef and it's preparation may figure in as variables; is veal worth testing? Maybe bison?

I really shouldn't impose further on your kind indulgence of me; perhaps. you should send me a bill. :oops: :D

Not a problem and no bill; I can't afford me! -- Do see a pro or 3 and keep a detailed record of what you eat - what and source, how it was prepared, portion size, etc.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Roy

Postby Roy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:04 pm

robert. wrote:I saw a PBS special on canned tuna. Never again will i eat it....
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Tell us about that, if you please, Roy.

Didn't see it. You'll have to ask Robert.
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:15 pm

Roy wrote:
robert. wrote:I saw a PBS special on canned tuna. Never again will i eat it....
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Tell us about that, if you please, Roy.

Didn't see it. You'll have to ask Robert.

Ok. I'll ask him , too. Robert? :D :oops:

John Webster

Postby John Webster » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:04 pm

I'm a fan of cabbage rolls which are also known as galupki and Hungarian gut grenades. Another eastern European treat that can be found locally is halushka; noodles with chunks of bacon in white sauce.
You begin flying with a full bag of luck and an empty bag for experience. The object is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

MYmoo

Postby MYmoo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:39 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
MYmoo wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I cannot describe to you, but some of you will know , what a difference it has made to have missed that Summer of Love for the adventure of the center of capitalism and traditional America.

Perhaps you can describe what it is like to experience:
... the adventure of the center of capitalism and traditional America
for those of us who have not had the opportunity (or desire) to visit " "???,
...especially the part about
traditional America
, as this 'farm boy' does not understand. :(

You first. :D

Murph,

If I did that, then you would know what you know plus what I know, and my question(s) would still be unanswered. :(

To correct grammar and typo issues this post was
Last edited by MYmoo on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----
Unplug When Done.
-----
Peace,

MYron R. MOOre

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:43 am

Questions are a burden to others; answers a burden to one's self..............
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 am

MYmoo, Anything I would have to say would probably be cliché' to somebody. So I really wouldn't want to take up needless space; that is, I just can't describe the differences, Maybe Mitch, who saw a lot of the USA as a truck driver, much more than I as a marauding teenager and college hitch-hiker and career-finder guy, would have something interesting to add to such a perspective(?).

However, I will think about a possible response further.
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MYmoo

Postby MYmoo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:35 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:MYmoo, Anything I would have to say would probably be cliché' to somebody. So I really wouldn't want to take up needless space; that is, I just can't describe the differences, Maybe Mitch, who saw a lot of the USA as a truck driver than I as a marauding teenager and college hitch-hiker and career-finder guy would have something interesting to add to such a perspective(?).

However, I will think about a possible response further.

Murph,
Thank you!, for your response.

No need to hurry on a response.
Grammar is a little confusing on the above.
"Let's eat, Grandma!"
"Let's eat Grandma!"

It will be more
interesting
and challenging to (let me) wonder, assume, and ponder what you are trying to convey.
-----
Unplug When Done.
-----
Peace,

MYron R. MOOre

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:05 am

Punctuation and wording have been edited for better clarity in the above referenced passage.

Regarding my describing any differences between the two cultural experiences I had mentioned, my answer is, "No."
Murph

P.S. Your "grandma" examples were flawless, succinct and profound in their combined message about the value of correct punctuation. I'm going to include them in my repertoire. Thanks.

MYmoo

Postby MYmoo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Punctuation and wording have been edited for better clarity in the above referenced passage.

Thank you.
Regarding my describing any differences between the two cultural experiences I had mentioned, my answer is, "No."
Murph

Accepted.
"Loose Lips Sink Ships"

P.S. Your "grandma" examples were flawless, succinct and profound in their combined message about the value of correct punctuation. I'm going to include them in my repertoire. Thanks.

Thank you for considering "Grandma".
I don't remember where she entered my life,...a long time ago, from my 'real' Grand Ma, an aunt, (both teachers) a grade or a HS teacher.
By all means, pass her lesson on!

-------
-----
Unplug When Done.
-----
Peace,

MYron R. MOOre

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”