Tractor Thread

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Tractor Thread

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 17, 2017 6:35 am

webenda wrote: You would not use any tractor in your vegetable garden. For crops, you turn outside the crop.

Really?

We used our Model-F Cub for everything in our vegetable gardens; plowing, cultivating, raising potatoes, etc...
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed May 17, 2017 7:24 am

E7 wrote:
healey36 wrote:A buddy in the UK sent me this pic from a 2015 auction catalog:

Some serious play-value here but I'm having trouble understanding how this Ferguson works.

Healey

Wassamatta......never see a tanktor before????

Now see, that's exactly why I am glad to see our attention drawn to this thread once again via these recent replies. Clever word! Since my everyday world never has any tractors in it, nor any of the people who love them, hearing and seeing them here on this forum is a treat for me. Honest. Normally, to get re-familiar with tractors I have to drive several hours to Lancaster, PA or Upstate NY, which I used to do several times a year, hunting for apples, pumpkins, peaceful hikes in forests, and the company of the people there. :D

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 am

And Bears. And Geese. And other wild Things. :D
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 am

rogruth wrote:And Bears. And Geese. And other wild Things. :D

Lions, and Tygers, and Bears! Oh, my!
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
webenda wrote: You would not use any tractor in your vegetable garden. For crops, you turn outside the crop.

Really?

We used our Model-F Cub for everything in our vegetable gardens; plowing, cultivating, raising potatoes, etc...

We have different ideas on how big a vegetable garden is. You had crops by my definition.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 am

webenda wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Really?

We have different ideas on how big a vegetable garden is. You had crops by my definition.

When you are out in a rural area a garden gets a lot bigger since you really do depend on it. Garden was maybe 1/3-1/2 acre and just about had sweet corn, potatoes, zucchini and other squash, tomatoes, peppers, beans of several varieties, strawberries, blueberries, peas, carrot, onions, cantaloupes, cucumbers, and at the far end there were 2 apple trees and 2 peach trees. We had a 2nd garden up the lane for more potatoes. Generally got 30+ bushel every years. All gone now except for the apple trees; took down the peach tree last Fall; apple tree will go away this year probably if my friend with the smoker is willing to trade the wood for brisket, :wink:

We had crops but they were out in the fields. Those fields are now used by my Amish neighbors.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 am

...and did the wildlife enjoy all those goodies, Rufy-babes?
(On this forum, everybody is, eventually ["...bears and geese...and lions and tigers and other wild things"] a comedian, huh. :mrgreen: ) :roll: :D

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 17, 2017 9:33 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:...and did the wildlife enjoy all those goodies, Rufy-babes?

Surprisingly, not very much was ever lost to the local wildlife....

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed May 17, 2017 10:00 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:...and did the wildlife enjoy all those goodies, Rufy-babes?

Wow. Bravo! What was your secret? Or did you have your gardens in a much more civilized environment than around me here in the Joisey hinterlands?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 17, 2017 10:18 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Wow. Bravo! What was your secret? Or did you have your gardens in a much more civilized environment than around me here in the Joisey hinterlands?

A regular presence of humans, a hound and hunting permits works wonders....

I make have to talk to the Amish about putting the garden back in after I retire and start spending more days/week there.

Might have to get a phone line or a sat dish on the roof, too, :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed May 17, 2017 10:40 am

It must be wonderful having the Amish as neighbors.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 17, 2017 10:44 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:It must be wonderful having the Amish as neighbors.

If I have to have neighbors, they are at the top of the list.

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Grandpa's secret was cutting about two inches off the end of his shotguns and allowing his son Ralph junior to keep dogs.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed May 17, 2017 11:17 am

Tom Dempsey wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Grandpa's secret was cutting about two inches off the end of his shotguns and allowing his son Ralph junior to keep dogs.

Sounds idyllic.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 am

Tom Dempsey wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

That'll keep the Japanese beetles and cut worms under control every time.........

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”