robert.

Re: Royal Enfield

Postby robert. » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:25 pm

83E7A9F1-1DAE-4DD6-8D77-170E47482EFB.png
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Ugh...if you need that you shouldn't be contemplating a motorcycle/scooter.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:00 am

healey36 wrote:Ugh...if you need that you shouldn't be contemplating a motorcycle/scooter.

But I notice the seat allows for plenty of spread, a phenomenon I have noticed on the up-tick these days on numerous riders of big bikes.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:04 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
healey36 wrote:Ugh...if you need that you shouldn't be contemplating a motorcycle/scooter.

But I notice the seat allows for plenty of spread, a phenomenon I have noticed on the up-tick these days on numerous riders of big bikes.

That's a phenomenon not limited to riders of big bikes, but at least they tend to not wear lime green spandex.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:00 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

That's a phenomenon not limited to riders of big bikes, but at least they tend to not wear lime green spandex.....

Having mercy toward others is always appropriate. And more than welcome.
:mrgreen:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:19 pm

Saudi women, free to drive, kickstart Harley-Davidson bike chapter
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/08 ... apter.html

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – In a bit more than a month since women in Saudi Arabia won the historic right to drive, a group of them is headed out on the road on not four wheels, but two.

“We have been waiting a lifetime for this,” said Aliya, an enthusiastic 23-year-old student from Jeddah who is set on motorcycling. “Always watching my brothers ride. Now they’re teaching me.”

Think about this for a moment. Muslim women riding HOGS....... :wink: :mrgreen:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 pm

William Harley and Arthur Davidson, 1914.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Seen in the newspaper, today, regarding Harley Davidson motorcycles:
via Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
President Donald Trump said it's 'great' some Harley-Davidson motorcycle owners say they will halt future purchases of the bike in response to plans by the Milwaukee-based company to move some production overseas...

...Harley has said the impact of the 31% tariffs, up from 6% previously, could be $100million a year on the company, or roughly $2,200 per motorcycle.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:55 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Seen in the newspaper, today, regarding Harley Davidson motorcycles:
via Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
President Donald Trump said it's 'great' some Harley-Davidson motorcycle owners say they will halt future purchases of the bike in response to plans by the Milwaukee-based company to move some production overseas...

If they already own 1, maybe they don't even need another? You can only ride 1 at a time anyway.......

...Harley has said the impact of the 31% tariffs, up from 6% previously, could be $100million a year on the company, or roughly $2,200 per motorcycle.

And, if the price goes up $2,200 per, then maybe that's a reason to not buy, too.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:....

If they already own 1, maybe they don't even need another? You can only ride 1 at a time anyway........

Sometimes, customers want the next or the newest model, continually going back for a more powerful model. For example , I had three Hondas before settling on a "Night Hawk 550" after several years of driving less powerful models, even trying out a Suzuki "trailbike" once among the several Honda purchases.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:11 am

Harley Davidson is not telling you the whole story. Their overseas made parts will be charged a tariff entering into the USA. They don't want to say that out loud.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:28 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

If they already own 1, maybe they don't even need another? You can only ride 1 at a time anyway........

Sometimes, customers want the next or the newest model, continually going back for a more powerful model. For example , I had three Hondas before settling on a "Night Hawk 550" after several years of driving less powerful models, even trying out a Suzuki "trailbike" once among the several Honda purchases.

Sort of like Lionel, MTH, and Atlas aficionados, accumulators and collectors - must have next shiny thing!!!!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 am

robert. wrote:Harley Davidson is not telling you the whole story. Their overseas made parts will be charged a tariff entering into the USA. They don't want to say that out loud.

Probably because it's painfully obvious?

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:37 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

Sort of like Lionel, MTH, and Atlas aficionados, accumulators and collectors - must have next shiny thing!!!!

If I may inquire, have you ever personally owned and driven a motorcycle?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:42 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Sometimes, customers want the next or the newest model, continually going back for a more powerful model. For example , I had three Hondas before settling on a "Night Hawk 550" after several years of driving less powerful models, even trying out a Suzuki "trailbike" once among the several Honda purchases.

If I may inquire, have you ever personally owned and driven a motorcycle?

Very briefly - not my cup of hemlock.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”