Northern weather

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Northern weather

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:26 am

E7 wrote:Supposed to be 60 tomorrow.......Make my day!

Yup!

And then snow, sleet, and freezing rain on Sat. Firewood is in and ready since freezing rain tends to result in power outages.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:12 am

Also causes growth in population after 9 months
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
E7 wrote:Supposed to be 60 tomorrow.......Make my day!

Yup!

And then snow, sleet, and freezing rain on Sat. Firewood is in and ready since freezing rain tends to result in power outages.

Don't doubt any of that for a minute, but I figure for every good day we get it's one less bad one, and one more closer to Mid-March which is the end of the slop for the most part! As for power outages, I have been remiss in maintenance of the emergency generator.....may just have to stumble outside and see if i can fire it up! :mrgreen:

Rich

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm

A very balmy 64 , right now, here in northern NJ, with not the slightest crusty-trace of a recent light snowfall anywhere. We all fell better when the weather is pleasant, don't we.

The temps had been such a frigid cold slap in the face for several days that I wasn't even motivated to go out into the yard and coyote-pee on the poor shrubs , all of which have been sorely abused by the hell-deer who stampede through and relax there at night. There hadn't been one square foot of snow on the ground, anywhere in the whole yard, that did not have their hoof prints aplenty, the sumbiches. :evil:
Murph

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Postby Seaboard Air Line Fan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:43 pm

And pick up some of those lawn aerator sandals at the top of that page while your in there :wink:
BobD aka Drifty

The Crow Flies At Midnight

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks, Healey, but my surrounding neighbors are already on the deer's lick list. Only the Blue-spruces seem immune.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:52 am

While the rhododendrons routinely get torn up, around here the cedars also take a hellish beating from deer. Not unusual to see them stripped bare from ground-level to five feet or so.

I have seen a number of coyotes in the area over the last couple of years, and I must say they look nothing like the scrawny examples you see on the nature shows on TV. They look big, well-fed and nasty. Most of my friends that farm in the area have taken to carrying pistols with them while out in the fields...it's getting a bit harrowing (no pun intended).

Healey

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 am

Perhaps what you're seeing are Coywolf's?

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Venison is good eating and deer hide can be made up into nice wearables. Jes' sayin' 8)
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

E7

Postby E7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:13 pm

I don't know what the game laws are in Jersey these days, but once a upon a time they could take up to 12 deer per person. (At least that's the story I was told) I remember going over there to work in Clinton one time (via Rt. 78/22) and it seemed like there was a person behind every fence post. We asked the locals: "Is this the first day of deer season?" Turns out that it was! Had a LOT of interesting times in Jersey.

Rich

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:26 am

Rain................disappointed.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

aterry11

Postby aterry11 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Nothing in Nebraska yet, mostly south. My Brother in Topeka is stuck. But we are not out of the woods yet

robert.

Postby robert. » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:35 am

50+ mph winds , 3 inches of rain and 40 outside. i wish it was a little colder out.so far winter never took hold. I still have live petunias in the yard.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 am

robert. wrote:50+ mph winds , 3 inches of rain and 40 outside. i wish it was a little colder out.so far winter never took hold. I still have live petunias in the yard.

Yup. Been raining since Fri. 36 more days to go....

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”