Northern weather

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Northern weather

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:21 pm

robert. wrote:Why do you think the bags will be dry?

Have been that way for the past 20 years.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:28 pm

healey36 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Between the coyotes and foxes, those have pretty much all disappeared. Raccoons are about though and were living in the wood pile at one time.

I have foxes, but they only seem to kill the squirrels (which is fine). The coyotes have rarely ventured this close into town, but I expect the fox are here because the coyotes have pushed them out of their long-standing habitat.

Saw a coyote crossing out road just last week or so.....we're about a mile from the Beltway and and 1/2 a mile from ANOVA hospital. Pretty dense housing area, but also a large wooded parkland area right behind us.

No raccoons in the wood-pile here, just the occasional snake.

I knew we had raccoons but did know they were in the wood pile; I'll be clearing the remains of the wood pile tomorrow or next week. Black racer was living under the front steps, :wink: :wink:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:09 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote: ...snip... Black racer was living under the front steps, :wink: :wink:

Probably a good thing.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:11 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote: ...snip... Black racer was living under the front steps, :wink: :wink:

Probably a good thing.

I think so, but I'm not so sure that the chipmunks agree.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:36 pm

It's pothole season:

robert.

Postby robert. » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:50 pm

Coyotes have are popping up in Doylestown.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:40 am

Got to 82 yesterday; might have to push the mower around today......and start thinking about the veg gardens.

Still have a weekend's worth of firewood in the wood boxes inside and probably have 5-6 times that stacked out on the main rank.

And, gas in the snow blower....... :roll: :roll:

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:00 am

We hit 75 here yesterday, headin' to 82 today. Checked the motor oil, transmission fluid, the coolant, and cleaned the radiator screen on the Cub Cadet yesterday and mowed the front and side yards. Spring of the year, our two Great Danes turn the front yard into a plowed field. When they run they're throwin' up clumps. It's all clay and grass can't root very deep. My son planted some kind of grass 3 or 4 years ago that comes up in tufts and is very dark green compared to the rest of the yard. Some of those tufts, and in one case a long string, was 8-10" tall already. It grows faster than a weed!
Rufus, either drain the snow blower or give it a splash of StarTron in the fuel tank. Regular unleaded gas begins deterioration at about 30 days.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:32 am

Mitch wrote:Rufus, either drain the snow blower or give it a splash of StarTron in the fuel tank. Regular unleaded gas begins deterioration at about 30 days.

Draining has never worked; I'll run it dry and flush it drier.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:36 pm

75 yesterday. Today never came about. Cloudy and misty. Weather guy said 78 and sunny. Cut the grass once already. Felt like a fool cutting it in the first week of April. Mom’s dog makes the grass grow quick. Wisk she would pick up after it.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:54 pm

88 as I type this, down from a high of 89.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:03 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:88 as I type this, down from a high of 89.

Same here this afternoon. 1st week of April and we're in the upper 80's.....

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:23 pm

And 32 this morning...........good fire going last night to heat the house.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:53 pm

About 40º this morning and the wind at the Easter sunrise service did not help.

robert.

Postby robert. » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:07 pm

We had a hard freeze. Things are moving towards warmer days. Cut the grass again. Wish my mother would pick up after her dog. Some people should not have a dog. She’s one of them. Damn thing barks all day long. Neighbors have had it and so have I. I might Velcro its mouth shut.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”