Seen in Print

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Seen in Print

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Suggest that you apply a sense of humor (started version now on sale at WalMart for $9.99) in your lives......and pay attention to Cardinal Glick.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now we all know how the majority and the media in this country view the Catholic church. They think of us as a passe, archaic institution. People find the Bible obtuse... even hokey. Now in an effort to disprove all that the church has appointed this year as a time of renewal... both of faith and of style. For example, the crucifix. While it has been a time honored symbol of our faith, Holy Mother Church has decided to retire this highly recognizable, yet wholly depressing image of our Lord crucified. Christ didn't come to Earth to give us the willies... He came to help us out. He was a booster. And it is with that take on our Lord in mind that we've come up with a new, more inspiring sigil. So it is with great pleasure that I present you with the first of many revamps the "Catholicism WOW. " campaign will unveil over the next year. I give you... The Buddy Christ. Now that's not the sanctioned term we're using for the symbol, just something we've been kicking around the office, but look at it. Doesn't it... pop? Buddy Christ...
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rex desilets wrote:You can blaspheme Christ all you want in perfect safety.

Pretty sure that's not true....and that armies were being extorted to kill in infidel within the past 30 years on a regular basis.
References, please

I'm guessing that you were also out on the sidewalk protesting "Life of Brian" and "Dogma", too.
And you would guess wrong.

And thank you for demonstrating those Christian attitudes of intolerance, bigotry, and hatred that were instilled.
How did you infer that? Let's not get all wound up.

Suggest you go off on Crusade and fulfill your wildest dreams....
Appears a nerve was touched, by him of greatest tolerance.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:55 pm

rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
rex desilets wrote:You can blaspheme Christ all you want in perfect safety.

Pretty sure that's not true....and that armies were being extorted to kill in infidel within the past 30 years on a regular basis.
References, please

During break up of Yugoslavia - Serbia/Croatia - Orthodox Church sent out church officials to bless the troops while extolling them to kill the infidels. Of course, not to be outdone, the other side performed their versions of the same.

I'm guessing that you were also out on the sidewalk protesting "Life of Brian" and "Dogma", too.
And you would guess wrong.

I am somewhat relieved yet confused as both were great targets of those officially disclaiming them of blasphemy, etc. Not a defender of the one true faith then.....clerical error in the records.....to be expunged in the next cycle.

And thank you for demonstrating those Christian attitudes of intolerance, bigotry, and hatred that were instilled.
How did you infer that? Let's not get all wound up.

Pretty obvious here actually given everybody that wears a turban is the enemy; it's also pretty unsurprising given all my own indoctrinations back when I was young, impressionable, and had no choices available but to follow, follow, follow blindly....

Suggest you go off on Crusade and fulfill your wildest dreams....
Appears a nerve was touched, by him of greatest tolerance.

Merely something that seems to suit. You could alternately contemplate your navel or raise demons. I have some info for you on the latter, but I would not advise following any of it. Messy. Oh yes. Presbyterian beaten into me quite regularly, and them briefly Methodist (theuy do put on a better show), and then an strict unaligned free thinking independent while the family went off to be Religious Society of Friends. I may be an unwilling follower of Odinism and Asatru being followed about regularly by 2 rather large and obnoxious ravens. Gotta review that family tree thing someday.....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 pm

We need to stop.
Posting that poster was in remarkably bad taste. What is the point of continuing this conversation?

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:18 pm

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Now, there's some quality stuff! :lol: :roll: :wink:

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 am

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Image

Who is the "Over Thin King"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:21 am

up148 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Image

Who is the "Over Thin King"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go right in. You're overthinking.

Roy

Postby Roy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:27 am

That office number could be interpreted as 180 infinitely. Or, is it one infinity, no infinity?
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:36 am

Roy wrote:That office number could be interpreted as 180 infinitely. Or, is it one infinity, no infinity?

Go right in. You're overthinking.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:08 pm

That's actually more disturbing than the Bondage Barbie, which of course is just good fun....although the Cannibal Barbie was somewhat trying, :wink:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:37 pm

"Squirts"? Tears (but then how does her facial expression change?) Spits? Or perhaps she has a garden-hose, since she seems dressed for outdoor activities, and can be played with in the yard by children who are wading in a pool or using their hose?

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”