Time for Church

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Time for Church

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:56 am

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:30 am

Methodist Church, Marienville, PA.....................some funky roof action going on here.

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:26 am

Such wonderful variety in expressing such joy.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:40 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Such wonderful variety in expressing such joy.

Odd details in architecture details - that roof in the tower is something I've not seen before; window styles are interesting, too.

That church still stands and still has a funky roof style!

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:48 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Such wonderful variety in expressing such joy.

Odd details in architecture details - that roof in the tower is something I've not seen before; window styles are interesting, too.

That church still stands and still has a funky roof style!

Being creative and innovative with such a project can be a way of worshipping, too.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:58 am

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:45 am

Now, that's neat and tidy - not one bit of excess anywhere. I'm surprised the front door isn't red.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:40 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Now, that's neat and tidy - not one bit of excess anywhere. I'm surprised the front door isn't red.
Perhaps no available virgins living within 8)
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:14 pm

rex desilets wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Now, that's neat and tidy - not one bit of excess anywhere. I'm surprised the front door isn't red.
Perhaps no available virgins living within 8)

Right. The Lutherans were really big on the virgins thing in their version of Protestantism.

Burn a few in wicker baskets though and everybody has a cow.....

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:43 pm

seems harsh, but possibly effective
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:00 pm

I mentioned the red door because of a girlfriend I once enjoyed keeping company with. We were 9th graders and I used to walk the 5miles to get to her house for a date. She was particularly voluptuous and hot and squirmy. Her father was the pastor of a Lutheran church in Duquesne, PA. He was quite an austere fellow and was not too enamored of my being a devout Roman Catholic. He preferred I not visit his church. I was happy to comply, but I did lurk outside at times , especially once I got my driver's license, and Helen and I got to giving me blueballs in my mother's '54 Merc.
But I digress....
The original point I had intended to make was that my at-that-time hotbabe's papa had explained with considerable joy and pride that the doors to a Lutheran church were red because the TRUE Gospel was proclaimed therein.

I didn't argue about it. Helen's voluptuousness was worth it.

Such is life, me brothers. :? A good rack can dictate a lot. But it ain't gospel.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Suddenly I hear Patsy Cline singing "Walking After Midnight".

She must have been awesome to compel you to walk five miles (uphill both ways, no doubt).

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:15 pm

healey36 wrote:Suddenly I hear Patsy Cline singing "Walking After Midnight".

She must have been awesome to compel you to walk five miles (uphill both ways, no doubt).

Oh, there were hills, all right. But I was young and barely noticed. In fact, between Duquesne Place and West Mifflin, I don't recall there not being hills to walk up and down.

I would hear "Blue Velvet" or "Silhouettes" or "Venus" in my mind, however. No Patsy, never her.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:43 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I mentioned the red door because of a girlfriend I once enjoyed keeping company with. We were 9th graders and I used to walk the 5miles to get to her house for a date. She was particularly voluptuous and hot and squirmy. Her father was the pastor of a Lutheran church in Duquesne, PA. He was quite an austere fellow and was not too enamored of my being a devout Roman Catholic. He preferred I not visit his church. I was happy to comply, but I did lurk outside at times , especially once I got my driver's license, and Helen and I got to giving me blueballs in my mother's '54 Merc.
But I digress....
The original point I had intended to make was that my at-that-time hotbabe's papa had explained with considerable joy and pride that the doors to a Lutheran church were red because the TRUE Gospel was proclaimed therein.

I didn't argue about it. Helen's voluptuousness was worth it.

Such is life, me brothers. :? A good rack can dictate a lot. But it ain't gospel.
You are quite the philosopher, Murph :D
Years (decades, actually) I had it pointed out to me that in the Pennsylvania Dutch world the red door meant as previously said and a blue door meant, in effect, no more virgins available :lol:

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:13 pm

You're a fun guy, Rex, as I have said before. :D

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”