Time for Church

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Re: Time for Church

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:57 pm

healey36 wrote:Nobody wants to talk about that as it rolls out the third rail...gun control.

I used to think assault-style weapons should be banned, but now I'm of the opinion that they should be legal. We're going to need them to take the sumbitches down (which of course was the point of the 2nd Amendment).

There, I've said it...now you can take me apart.

Well, not about assault-style weapons, but on the general subject of guns, like handguns, I agree with you. We should all be armed, especially women, and I say that just considering the mayhem perpetrated by homies and hoodies, who are ever at the ready to pounce on prey, especially women and the elderly . In fact, women should almost be required to carry guns or, at the very least, some kind of viscious spray and/or stun-gun.

Furthermore , at least around here, I think the police should be the place to apply and register for and actually buy guns.

P.S. Also, throughout the northeast, esp. Pennsylvania, NJ, and NY, there has been a steady up-tick in the number of freely roaming coyotes . Walkers, hikers, children playing in suburban yards, and household pets that freely roam at times need protected, at least , ostensibly.

Roy

Postby Roy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:27 pm

healey36 wrote:Nobody wants to talk about that as it rolls out the third rail...gun control.

I used to think assault-style weapons should be banned, but now I'm of the opinion that they should be legal. We're going to need them to take the sumbitches down (which of course was the point of the 2nd Amendment).

I don't think that was the purpose of the Second Amendment. Text of Second Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Torturers, White Racists, Gay Bashers, Rich Psychopaths.

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:47 pm

After the media and government tears us apart. we'll be using them against our fellow citizens. Then you better know how to reload your own. If we get the wrong kind of supreme court they'll outlaw ammo. Then the ammo companies will bush back. Then they will settle for ammo with a shelf life. 5 years and it's no good. That's a win win for everybody that has their hand in your pocket. Stock a $1000 in ammo. % years later it wont fire. You need to spend another $1000.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

healey36

Postby healey36 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Roy wrote:

I don't think that was the purpose of the Second Amendment. Text of Second Amendment: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The purpose of the second amendment was, among other things, to assure the citizen's right to protect himself from oppression by a tyrant, both internal and external. The founders had just run off George III - they wanted to assure the ability to do it again. The Minutemen carried the assault weapon of the day...rock on.

up148

Postby up148 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:The real shame of this atrocity, will be parading this worthless piece of sh*t through our court systems so we don't deny him his rights. He's defective or made himself defective by this act and he should be executed without any trial at all. And, if any attorneys or sympathy groups want to protest this execution, they ought to be executed along with him. Sorry, but I'm tired of our limp dick justice system.

If you're ready to live with a Gov't that can execute people w/o a trial then you might as well take your copy of the Constitution out in the front yard and burn it.

I agree and logic dictates that, but my emotional side says what a waste of time for an obvious defect. The problem is, who is to decide who deserves a trial and who doesn't. And, even if it was kept fair and honest and logical at the start, it would morph into something terrible before it was over. But, defending these people and packing them away at a cost to the tax payer seems like such a waste. He'll avoid what he really deserves by some smart attorney who will use a mental plea.

BH

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:00 am

healey36 wrote:...The purpose of the second amendment was, among other things, to assure the citizen's right to protect himself from oppression by a tyrant, both internal and external....

That certainly covers the vermin that are constantly slurping and salivating at the edges of so many communities, particularly urban, throughout the USA, ever at the ready to be creative and brutal about whom they can victimize next, as part of their vocation in life. For example, in a nearby city, 65 murders with guns have been committed so far this year, which is more than one per week, and the same community is in the newspapers every day for violent crimes committed.

There's is no escape. We need to be armed. I never thought I'd be saying that, but I'm not going to find myself sitting here as an idealistic fool watching TV as the homies and the hoodies are coming through the door or windows which just happened Halloween night to neighbor in an upscale suburban neighborhood very close by. At least, that home-invader got shot to death by the owner (which I actually found myself cheering about when I first heard about it in the News).The homeowner got shot , too, but survived.
Signed,
Increasinglypistoffoldfrt

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:30 pm

We don't have to do things this way. Other countries get better safety, with largely un-armed populaces. We keep going with this same situation, with everyone armed to the teeth, then reason from the most awful of consequences of that situation that everyone should be armed.

Whatever happened to the town where the sheriff would hold your weapons from the time you rode in, until you left?

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Roy wrote:We don't have to do things this way. Other countries get better safety, with largely un-armed populaces. We keep going with this same situation, with everyone armed to the teeth, then reason from the most awful of consequences of that situation that everyone should be armed.

Whatever happened to the town where the sheriff would hold your weapons from the time you rode in, until you left?

See if you can get that to work in California with all the Mexican drug cartels and drug dealers. They are armed to the teeth and none have passed background checks. Or maybe Chicago

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Roy wrote:We don't have to do things this way. Other countries get better safety, with largely un-armed populaces. We keep going with this same situation, with everyone armed to the teeth, then reason from the most awful of consequences of that situation that everyone should be armed.

HONDO74 wrote:See if you can get that to work in California with all the Mexican drug cartels and drug dealers. They are armed to the teeth and none have passed background checks. Or maybe Chicago

What's driving the drug cartels are our drug prohibitions. Get rid of those prohibition laws, and educate our people about drugs. It's the right way to treat people.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Treat drugs the way we do about smoking.
Or drunk driving.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Roy

Postby Roy » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 pm

rex desilets wrote:Treat drugs the way we do about smoking.
Or drunk driving.

I'm actually surprised when I smell tobacco smoke, these days. It's quite a difference, from just a few years ago.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Isis is recruiting teenagers, via iphones and on-line on computers, in America . 20/20 w/ Diane Sawyer is presenting the information on "isis in America " on abc right now (Fri. night, 10pm)

Justin Sullivan , from N. Carolina, is one of those teenagers who has been successfully recruited .

Isis has a special approach for girls. One of them was so impressed with their promises, she took her passport and took a plane for a European city and made a connection to travel to Syria, all before her parents knew she was gone and "converted."

Roy

Postby Roy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:43 am

I don't think there's anything new about Isis recruiting here, as they've always recruited online. It would be nice if we could come up with a fact-checking site, to counter Isis and other anti-American organizations.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 am

In Northumberland

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Would be interesting to know the architectural history of ornate brick-work as seen on that church. We have quite a bit of it here in Westminster which was settled primarily by English and Scotch.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”