A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: A few CVRR pictures and some other related pictures....

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:18 pm

gregj410 wrote:How much time did you have in constructing Lauthers'? I often wonder if I wouldn't find as much satisfaction in such projects than constructing a large layout with the feeling that it may never get finished. Than there is also the possibility that I may switch gauges half way through. :lol:

It was built over a year's time; maybe a few months more than that... It's certainly not something that I worked on every night or weekend. I've stayed away from large projects like that for quite awhile now since the last one I did took over my entire shop and towards the latter 20-25% just turned into work to the point being that I did not even want to face going into my shop.

I do have plans for another project of such magnitude, but minus the interior. I'm just working these days on lots of "little" projects to (1) get them done and (2) to reclaim the workspace that they currently occupy.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

to the point being that I did not even want to face going into my shop.

I've been here more than once, actually I feel stuck here many times. My shop has never been formally set up so it remains in a chaotic state most of the time. We had the basic structure built and have slowly been finishing it as time and money permit. Just recently got drywall on the ceiling and real working lights operated by a wall mounted switch :D I hope to eventually have plywood on the walls so I can mount some benches for my projects. It would be nice to go out and work on any one thing with out moving 20 things first.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 pm

gregj410 wrote:My shop has never been formally set up....

My shop got set up on the fly by necessity of chain of events and was originally for woodworking in a barely tolerable way. I've never had the luxury of revising that condition.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:31 am

Another CVRR caboose!

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 pm

My woodshop is in a state of chaos too. I haven't been able to even lay a hand on my radial arm saw for 3 years now, my cabinetry that contains most of my hand and power tools is presently unaccessable, my router cabinet keeps moving around periodically, and all of it due to my adult kids pilin' all their crap into my basement. My 6' x 12 layout table has been leanin' up against the wall for 3 years, too. :twisted:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Another CVRR caboose!

Ex PRR?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:52 pm

rogruth wrote:Ex PRR?

No. Contemporary to and CVRR was majority owned by PRR and as such used a lot of PRR equipment that was re-lettered as PRR after 1919.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:50 am

Not the CVRR, but the line car for the CG&W (aka the Come, Go & Wait) out at Wolf Lake near Chambersburg.....

You can see that little has changed over the years regarding the ratio of workmen to actual working men, :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Rufus,

I think I recognize you from "The World According to Garp","3rd Rock From the Sun"and an odd sci-fi movie in which you are the villian.
Can't remember the name of the movie or your name but you were/are a very talented but IMHO under-rated actor.Maybe an Oscar for "Garp".
roger

I support thread drift.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:49 pm

rogruth wrote:..... an odd sci-fi movie in which you are the villian.

Dr. Emilio Lizardo aka Lord John Worfin

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah,now what's the name of the movie?
The hero had a vehicle that could go through stuff.

The movie was a lot of fun.
roger

I support thread drift.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:01 pm

rogruth wrote:Yeah,now what's the name of the movie?

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Yes.

John Lithgow.
roger

I support thread drift.

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Not the CVRR, but the line car for the CG&W (aka the Come, Go & Wait) out at Wolf Lake near Chambersburg.....

CG&W = Chambersburg, Greencastle & Waynesboro?? There are some abutments near where a friend lives just outside of Chambersburg next to the NS and Dolley Madison Highway. There is a power line down the middle of the right of way. Right nearby is the Trickling Springs Creamery; excellent chocolate milk.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Not the CVRR, but the line car for the CG&W (aka the Come, Go & Wait) out at Wolf Lake near Chambersburg.....

CG&W = Chambersburg, Greencastle & Waynesboro?? There are some abutments near where a friend lives just outside of Chambersburg next to the NS and Dolley Madison Highway. There is a power line down the middle of the right of way. Right nearby is the Trickling Springs Creamery; excellent chocolate milk.

Correct ---> CG&W = Chambersburg, Greencastle & Waynesboro

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”