Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:02 pm

Can we even buy any consumable goods in this country that are not made in China ?

I was reading an article awhile back about an interview with a shop supervisor in a Chinese factory. He had a display of all the products they made for the US. He said we don't even know what most of this stuff is, Apparently Americans will buy anything.

Just drive around on warm weekends and view all the crap that people are selling at garage sales. Crap they bought and don't know why they did it. Impulse buying. It keeps our economy running. It's like a merry go round. If people stop buying the merry go round comes to a halt and everyone has to get off.

I remember back during one of Bush"s terms when they gave out a stimulus. He said go out and buy something. Everyone laughed. If people stop buy they won't be laughing for long.

The question is. can we keep it going ??

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:15 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Can we even buy any consumable goods in this country that are not made in China ?

Yes, but it's not easy..............and many cases not cheap.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:48 pm

But we in the USA sure can produce food and raise livestock well!

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:59 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:But we in the USA sure can produce food and raise livestock well!

And then we export it.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:But we in the USA sure can produce food and raise livestock well!

And then we export it.
We have voluntarily gone back to our status pre-Revolution.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:52 am

rex desilets wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

And then we export it.

We have voluntarily gone back to our status pre-Revolution.

Interesting hypothesis.....

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:14 am

Which "Revolution"? The war? Industrial?

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:01 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Which "Revolution"? The war? Industrial?

Maybe that one back in the later 1700's......

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:28 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Which "Revolution"? The war? Industrial?

Maybe that one back in the later 1700's......

If so, then I don't understand the point. Not to be argumentative, but I just don't get it.

rex desilets

Postby rex desilets » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:31 am

Colonial America, and even into the 1800's, exported raw material and imported manufactured goods.
“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:34 am

rex desilets wrote:Colonial America, and even into the 1800's, exported raw material and imported manufactured goods.

Pretty much the reason for the colonies - supply raw materials and sell goods back - to make money....

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:51 am

rex desilets wrote:Colonial America, and even into the 1800's, exported raw material and imported manufactured goods.

Ooohhh, I see your point, now. I was thinking that you were possibly referring to the Industrial Revolution. Before that time, the USA was largely agricultural, with goods being handmade.

However, nowadays, I believe (don't really know for sure) quite a number of family-owned farms have been and are being bought-up by "agri-businesses". So, that's why, Rex, I was uncertain about the point you were making. I was looking forward to your developing/explaining your idea further.
Murph

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:04 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote: I was looking forward to your developing/explaining your idea further.

As am I. In fact, I'd like a 300 page expansion of this hypothesis complete with appropriation citations on my desk by COB on Mon.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:15 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote: I was looking forward to your developing/explaining your idea further.

As am I. In fact, I'd like a 300 page expansion of this hypothesis complete with appropriation citations on my desk by COB on Mon.

...just WHO is saying that - you or the entity with the blue face? Huh? Huh? :mrgreen: :roll:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:25 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

...just WHO is saying that - you or the entity with the blue face? Huh? Huh? :mrgreen: :roll:

Oh, now that's just me since I do occupy and reside within a portion of the publish or perish academic domain while crossing through the Gov't report arena....

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”