Play nice and have fun...
webenda

Re: Seen in Print

Postby webenda » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:55 pm

`
Missing the Bean Bag.jpg
Clipped into Clipless Pedals
Missing the Bean Bag.jpg (110.67 KiB) Viewed 1434 times

Word of explanation needed? The bean bag is placed in the street for the rider to land on. Why does he need a soft place to land? Because he has the clips on his cycle shoes stuck to clipless pedals and can't get loose. He had planned to stop, shoes stuck to pedals and fall onto the bean bag. Plan failed.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:27 pm

Ditto Murph. :oops:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:36 am

i had a bike with those pedals. Damn thing needed fancy shoes to clip onto the pedals. After 3 days of the most unenjoyable bike ridding. I went to Walmart and spent $12.00 on old fashioned bear trap bike pedals. Tossed that high tech system for a century old tried and true pedal.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:31 am

Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:41 pm

He had planned to stop, shoes stuck to pedals and fall onto the bean bag. Plan failed.

WTF is wrong with people today. No wonder they need helmets and pads. Riding a bicycle was so simple until simple minded people got involved and made it harder. I hate government regulations giving rude bike riders and joggers the ability to create traffic issues. Always wanted to just drive by and slap them in the back of the head and say "Hey stupid-roads are made for cars-get on the sidewalk".

BH

Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:53 pm

up148 wrote:
I hate government regulations giving rude bike riders and joggers the ability to create traffic issues. Always wanted to just drive by and slap them in the back of the head and say "Hey stupid-roads are made for cars-get on the sidewalk".

BH

A little difficult to do in my neighborhood---no sidewalks!

And what do you do to the horseback rider? Plant one on the horse's rump?
Wouldn't recommend that! :lol: :lol:

Rudeness is just plain, well, rude....even if the law is one their side....and a little courtesy goes a long way (on both sides).
Not to mention some common sense, as well!
Take care,
Wolfgang

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Rudeness is just plain, well, rude....even if the law is one their side....and a little courtesy goes a long way (on both sides).
Not to mention some common sense, as well!

Well said, I have a habit of lashing out when I think of joggers and bike riders as they could piss off the pope in OKC. A pair of joggers or riders running or riding abreast on a two way road with traffic having to wait until the oncoming lane clears out to pass them, is just rude. If I were 35 again, I think I'd start a new Olympic sport (hell everything else qualifies) called jogger busting. Drive by a jogger in the road and jump out of the back of a pick-up truck, wrestle them to the ground and hog tie them and then leave'em on the side of the road. They'll get some manners then. :D :D :D :D :D

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:52 pm

I get tired of these people as well jogging or walking in the street - we have sidewalks!!!!!!!!!!! GET OUT OF ROAD!!!!!! The one's with the baby strollers............the walking dead live amongst us.

Ok, bicyclists...........I know some rail about them as well but as long as they are obeying the motor vehicle codes, I'm not complaining since they are doing better than most motorists then. It's the total gits riding the wrong directions, running lights and stop signs, on the sidewalks, in the morning when it's dark with no lights........no helmets, etc.......
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Opposing views on riding bicycles on sidewalk:

up148 wrote:["Hey stupid-roads are made for cars-get on the sidewalk".BH

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:It's the total gits riding... ...on the sidewalks.......

City of Tucson Bicycle Laws

SEC.-2. Riding on sidewalks, pedestrian paths.
(A) It is unlawful to ride a bicycle on a sidewalk or pedestrian path unless a sign says it is permitted.

SEC. 5-3. Enforcement. Violation of these City ordinances is a civil infraction, subject to a fine of up to $25.00 (twenty-five dollars).

I either ride in the desert (single track trails) or on paved bicycle trails that interweave through Tucson, separate from streets.

A few people use the paved bicycle trails to commute to work, safe from enraged motorists. No motor vehicles are allowed on the bicycle trails, with a few exceptions.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:29 pm

webenda wrote:Opposing views on riding bicycles on sidewalk:

up148 wrote:["Hey stupid-roads are made for cars-get on the sidewalk".BH

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:It's the total gits riding... ...on the sidewalks.......

City of Tucson Bicycle Laws

SEC.-2. Riding on sidewalks, pedestrian paths.
(A) It is unlawful to ride a bicycle on a sidewalk or pedestrian path unless a sign says it is permitted.

SEC. 5-3. Enforcement. Violation of these City ordinances is a civil infraction, subject to a fine of up to $25.00 (twenty-five dollars).

A lot of bicyclists don't know that they are covered by the motor vehicle codes - they are not pedestrians!

Similarly, a large number of motor vehicle operators are totally unaware that bicyclists are covered by the motor vehicle codes and are supposed to be on the roads.

They are ticketing bicyclists in DC.

Last week I think it was that they found a VW on the bike trail in Alexandria.............apparently it was more expedient than the roads......

I'm of 2 minds on bike trails - if bikes can be on the roads that my tax dollars pay for, why can't cars be on the bike trails that my tax dollars pay for.....
Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:20 pm

@ 65 years ago we rode bicycles on the roads, never on sidewalks.
Some big differences. Most vehicles then were smaller then than now.
Speed limits were lower. Open road in Ohio was 50. In town was 30-35.
And there was not as much traffic..

Savannah,Georgia attracts a lot of tourists. Cyclists on sidewalks have
caused many accidents. Riding too fast on sidewalks where they should
not be by law and disregard for traffic rules seem to be the causes.
College students are often blamed but I have seen adults do the same
stuff the students do. I really would not want to ride a bike in many
areas of Savannah.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

webenda

Postby webenda » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote: if bikes can be on the roads that my tax dollars pay for, why can't cars be on the bike trails that my tax dollars pay for.....

Let's hear it for more cars on Virginia bike paths.=> https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/10/1 ... lexandria/
----Wayne----

--Merle Haggard

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:58 am

I know they have rights and are supposed to be on the roads, but to be caught in a trail of traffic following a bike at 5-10 mph, because it's either unsafe to pass due to oncoming traffic or the car behind the bike is too scared to pass regardless of traffic, is infuriating.

We seem to be following marine laws on our roads now. The smallest ship (sailboat or even windsurfers) has the right of way over the larger pontoon or speed boats on any lake. Not sure if this carries over to oceans or not. But, if is does, try stopping an ocean liner or divert a tanker so as not to hit a smaller craft.....impossible. I think trains always have the right of way...I'd like to see cars on roads have the ROW and bikes just behave like it was when we were kids. You got out of the way.

I'm so tired of seeing those pussy SOB's in their spandex (both men and women) outfits riding around like they own the road and just challenging you to hit them. Again, I'd like to be 35, so I could handle this on a face to face basis and teach some manners. Of course, if I was 35, I wouldn't have all this pent up frustration of an old curmudgeon turd, and I'd just let them alone :D :D :D :D :D

BH.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 am

up148 wrote:.........if I was 35, I wouldn't have all this pent up frustration of an old curmudgeon turd, and I'd just let them alone :D :D :D :D :D

And, you'd be out there on a bike chasing after the women, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

up148

Postby up148 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:41 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”